Holy Family Medical Center
Women's Imaging Center
100 North River Road
Des Plaines, IL 60016
The Women's Imaging Center at Holy Family Medical Center offers the perfect combination of advanced technology, convenience, personal care and attention.
Consider the benefits of selecting Holy Family for your imaging needs:
- New, all digital mammography with CAD (computer-aided detection)
- On-site dedicated board-certified radiologists
- Nurse Navigator
- Easy scheduling with same and next day appointments, early morning, evening and weekend hours
- Prompt results and follow-up information for patients who receive diagnostic mammograms
- Additional services, such as bone density scans, ultrasound and more
- Accreditation by the American College of Radiology*
- Transportation to and from appointments with our Care-A-Van service (call 847-297-1800, ext. 2626 for more information)
* Holy Family Medical Center's Women's Imaging Center been awarded the Gold Seal of Accreditation for mammography as the result of a recent review by the American College of Radiology (ACR).
Women's Imaging Center Services
- All Digital Mammography with CAD (computer-aided detection) is used on patients experiencing breast problems, like a lump or nipple discharge, to create immediate images and manipulate them for better evaluation.
- Screening and Diagnostic Mammography is a preventative test used to identify abnormalities. The mammography unit in the Women's Imaging Center offer the latest in mammogram technology.
- Breast Ultrasounds deliver superb image quality with uniformity and high resolution to enhance detection and aid in diagnosis.
- Ultrasound Guided Automated Vacuum Assisted Biopsy is a less invasive procedure that can help make a highly accurate diagnosis of a breast abnormality without the need for an open surgery.
- Stereotactic Core Breast Biopsy, when needed, is an accurate, minimally invasive procedure to extract questionable tissue. Using X-rays, a computer guides the biopsy needle to the precise location and collects several samples. More accurate and less costly than traditional techniques, stereotactic core breast biopsy requires only a local anesthetic.
- Breast MRI with CAD uses a magnetic field and radio waves to create a composite, 3-D image of the breast to provide detailed images of hard to detect areas. Breast MRI is more commonly used in addition to a mammogram or other breast-imaging test.
- Fine Needle Aspiration (FNA) is a diagnostic procedure used to investigate superficial lumps or masses, as well as drain cysts located in the breasts.
- Bone Mineral Density Test (BMD) is an accurate, painless, non-invasive test to diagnose osteoporosis and determine risk of fracture. Dexa scanning of the spine and hip are used to screen and monitor for osteoporosis.